Top of Mind from 3by400
Our blog posts are the result of issues and opportunities we see in our daily work. They are designed to increase understanding and provide a source of vision for your web presence.
1 minute reading time (152 words)
VirtueMart - How do I issue a refund?
Although we hope all of your VirtueMart transactions stick and earn your company lots of money, from time to time, you may need to issue a refund. To do this:
- Log onto the administrator console for the site
- Select Components, VirtueMart
- Select Orders
- Find the order that requires a refund
- You have two options, depending upon the degree of notification to the customer you wish to use:
- Select "Refunded" in the drop-down box in the "Status" column; click the "Notify Customer" box and click the "Update Status" box. This will send a refund statement to the customer via e-mail; OR
- Click on the order number, which will display the details of the order. In the upper right-hand corner, set the status to "Refunded". You can type a message to the customer that will appear on the refund statement. Click both boxes: "Notify Customer", and "Include this Comment". Click the "Update Status" button.