- Fixes an error in PHP versions prior to 5.5
UPDATE 1/03/2017 (1.0.1):
- Better exception handling
- Fixes a dependency problem
UPDATE 12/30/2016 (1.0):
- Connects to MailChimp API 3.0
- Better merge field handling
- User-facing validation errors are displayed by default (invalid email, required field, etc.)
UPDATE 11/17/2016 (1.0RC3.3):
- Better module parameter handling
- Fixed an SSL error
- Log and optionally display errors if the webserver cannot connect to MailChimp
UPDATE 9/8/2015 (1.0RC3.2):
- Fixed issue where Joomla's ACL blocked access to parameters and prevented the Mailchimp API call when module assigned to page with no Itemid.
- When detailed error messages are turned off, all MailChimp API errors are hidden
- Able to override the success and failure messages for connecting to MailChimp
- Pro Feature: Can add rich content above and below the signup form
- Error message for blank email address now translated
- Fixed a bug where the module would freeze at the "Sending" message on some web servers
- Czech translation by Vilém Kužel
- New Catalan translation and updated Spanish translation
- Better support for MailChimp fields of type "Radio" and "Dropdown"
- Added blank index.html files for best practices
- Better handling of extended characters
- Fixed a problem with excessive server logging in some recent builds
- Better Validation
- Better CSS support
- Form Submission with Enter key
- Prevented a possible collision with other extensions
- New Languages! Spanish and Italian transaltions by Carlotta D.
- "Success" message now translates successfully.
- Better handling of quote characters in language files.
- Dutch translation by Raoul Alderse Baas!
- The additional fields provided by MailChimp, 'First Name' and 'Last Name,' are now translated.
(as always, any translation errors are our own, and corrections are welcome!)
- Fixed an error in email validation
- Email validation is now optional
- Martin Erdmann - German translation
- Martin Joset - French translation
UPDATE 11/9/2011: Major release here:
- uses the new MailChimp 1.3 API
- Fixed a problem retrieving the API key in some installs.
- general cleanup
- supports hidden fields
- install and run both in Joomla 1.5 and 1.7
UPDATE: 9/15/2009: major release here. It does several things better than before:
- uses latest MailChimp API, version 1.2.3
- corrects support for module suffix for styling
- corrects the 'merge_vars' errors
- clears fields after submit